Popular Services Provided By Plumbers In Albany Oregon
Plumbers deal with a variety of different situations on a day-to-day basis. If you ask them, they will most likely tell you that every day is a little bit different since they never know what is in store when they get called out by a homeowner. There are, however, some popular services that they provide on a regular basis. Here are some of the most common situations that plumbers in Albany Oregon deal with:
1. Leaky faucets. Over time, the washers in faucet handles can become worn down. When this happens, the faucet may not shut off all the way. This results in a dripping or leaky faucet. Over time, the amount of water that drips out of the faucet can add up. Homeowners with this problem may notice that their water bills are higher than they used to be. If the hot water is the one that is leaking, their electric bills may also be higher. A call to a plumber can help remedy this situation, getting the leak under control in no time.
2. Clogged drains. Clogs can happen for a number of different reasons. In the kitchen, it is most often due to grease being dumped down the drain. In the bathroom, most clogs are caused by hair finding its way into the drain. Of course, toilets can also become clogged. Trying to dislodge a clog can be extremely challenging. In many cases, it requires the professional-grade tools that plumbers have at their disposal.
3. Moving pipes. When homeowners undertake remodeling projects in the kitchen, bathroom, or laundry room, plumbing fixtures sometimes need to be moved. This requires the skill of a professional plumber. The plumber can move the pipes to a new location and can help ensure that all of the plumbing is up to code.
4. Installing water heaters. Another common reason that people call a plumber is to have a new water heater installed or to have their current water heater serviced. Working on a water heater can be dangerous since they are also connected to electricity or hooked up to a gas line. Most homeowners prefer to hire a plumber to help them through the process rather than trying to do it themselves. In some cases, they may also need to hire an electrician to help with the installation.
5. Fixing broken pipes. Extremely cold temperatures can cause the pipes that run underneath a house to freeze and burst. During the winter months, plumbers in Albany Oregon sometimes get called out to fix broken pipes that have resulted because of cold weather.
As you can see, plumbers are capable of dealing with many different situations. In a way, this helps make the job interesting since they get to continually work on different projects.
The next time you find yourself facing a plumbing problem, don't hesitate to reach out to a plumber in the Albany area. They will be more than happy to help you deal with whatever type of situation you are facing.